Overview[edit | edit source]
The Last Cave is mainly a winding path that weaves back and forth as it elevates. Two enemies, bats and critters, are mostly seen around the cave. Near the end of the Last Cave are Presses. Spikes and lava are also present.
Versions[edit | edit source]
The layout of the Last Cave will change depending on whether or not the player holds the Booster v2.0.
When entering without the Booster v2.0, either with the Booster v0.8 or with the Mimiga Mask, the form of the Last Cave without a boss battle is given, and the player can navigate the area retaining all weapon energy collected up to this point. In places where the Booster v0.8 would otherwise be needed to proceed (In the case of the Mimiga Mask), fans are placed near the bottom, allowing Quote to have an extra boost.
Using this Booster causes the name of the map to change to "Last Cave (Hidden)", and reverts all weapons to their level 1 form. This area has more spikes and a boss, the Red Ogre. Energy capsules are placed throughout the area, allowing the player to regain some lost weapon energy when the capsules are destroyed.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Most enemies encountered in the Last Cave are seen in a red or orange colour.
- Critter - Attempts to jump towards Quote when approached. They deal 6 damage to him on contact.
- Bat - Usually seen flying in a sinusoidal wave pattern. The bats in the Last Cave are able to fly through some walls.
Hazards[edit | edit source]
- Lava - Red pools of liquid found in some areas of the ground. When touched, they subtract 10 HP from Quote. Lava droplets also fall from the ceiling of certain places in the Last Cave. Touching one of these deals Quote less damage than the pools.
- Spikes - Most areas within the Last Cave (Hidden) are riddled with spikes that deal Quote 10 damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If Quote goes to the entrance of the Last Cave before getting the rocket, a message will tell the player that it is too early to go here. This can be done through hacking the game or taking a hit stun from a nearby enemy, which grants Quote temporary invincibility.
|General||Last Cave • Red Ogre • Medal of the Red Ogre|
|Enemies||Critter • Bat • Press|
|Hazards/Objects||Lava • Spikes • Experience capsule • Fans|
|Locations of Cave Story|
|World||Island • Surface|
|Within the island||First Cave • Mimiga Village • Egg Corridor • Bushlands • Sand Zone • Labyrinth • Waterway • Egg Corridor? • Outer Wall • Plantation • Inner Wall • Last Cave • Balcony • Blood Stained Sanctuary • Wind Fortress|